I love to have fun with paper, food, paint, music and events and just being creative in all of it. However, I don't feel the need to be a perfectionist nor a professional in any of my creations. I wish I could have a blog JUST about the art of cooking, photography, sewing, art, mothering, jewelry making, card making, dancing, gardening, deep spiritual thoughts, decorating, poetry, party planning, baking.... and the list goes on but I can't. I don't think I was created with the ability to focus on one task. I like all of these hobbies layed out before me and the freedom to pick whatever I choose depending on the mood or time I have.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cucumber and Tomato Salad

Mexican Cucumber and Tomato Salad!  Actually, I am not sure if this is really Mexican but my mother grew up eating this and she often made it in the summer for us. I guess that counts to call it Mexican :).  I love the crisp,cool taste of this simple salad in the hot summer. 

Ingredients:
■2 large ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
■1 cucumber, peeled if the skin is bitter, seeded and chopped
■1 small red onion, chopped
■juice of 1 lemon, strained
■salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Mix all the ingredients together.

Don't be fooled by this simple recipe it really is good!

9 comments:

  1. I love the idea of adding the red onion and will definitely be making this at our house this summer! Thanks for linking this one up too!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds yummy. Will have to make this after I go grocery shopping! Visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts.
    ~ Kimberlee at The Spunky Diva 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberlee, its so easy you should try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make this too and just love it! So fresh and easy for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes i love the fresh,cool bites for the summer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have both cucumber and tomato growing in my garden... whey they are ripe, I will have to try this :)

    thecraftytulip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cucumber and tomato have always been my favorites and I'm always looking for recipes or salads that feature them. Thanks for sharing!
    Jess
    jbeedelightful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete